Beer and Rice

I’ve been thinking about this post for quite a long time now and I feel it would help me a lot with my problem if I see this blog quite often enough. It is very hard for me to do away with starchy white rice. For us, it’s a way of life. It’s like the meal, however the food tastes, is not fulfilling without it. But for the last couple of months I’ve learn to cut down on rice and it resulted to a considerable weight loss. I don’t crave for it as much as I did. I find other substitute for my tongue, usually, green leafy vegetables and green tomatoes do the job. I don’t usually go to parties because surely with the adobos, lechon (roasted pig), I will be tempted to pig out on rice. I only eat rice like four times a week only. On rice, I think I won the battle. But another thing just wont go away.

An ice cold beer…

Eleven months into my transformation, I’ve lose a total of 60 lbs! But in that same time frame, I’ve been drinking beer a lot, twice a week with my fraternity brothers. A single drinking session usually amounts to five 500ml Extra Strong Beer, San Miguel’s Red Horse. That equates to 5 Liters of beer every week! Imagine my fat loss would be if I hadn’t been drinking a lot! I don’t like Light beers, they’re tasteless and the crazy kick of the beer just isn’t there. To worsen the situation, the day after is usually sleep, eat a lot and skip the gym! How can I change this?

I hope I will have the resolve as I had when I said goodbye to cigarettes 10 months ago

Comments

Erik said…
Good for you! Your dramatic weight loss is very inspiring and now I am reflecting on my own weight battles. I remember about 3 years ago I lost a considerable amount of weight which made shopping for new clothes very enjoyable, all because I totally cut out on rice! Like you, I stopped craving for it and I gorge on veggies and lean meat, fish or anything high in protein. But then again, I started introducing rice to my diet and "viola!" 9 months later I became a bouncing chubby baby boy again!. Crazy but true. Now, having been diagnosed with essential hypertension, I turned to gym and eat anything in moderation. I too have a nice pint of ice cold beer once in a while especially during the weekends and as long as I don't have one too many it is perfectly fine. My weight loss is painstakingly slow but the good news is I am losing inches. Now I focus on losing inches rather than losing weight. Beer and rice, not a bad one as long as in moderation....calories count believe me.

Erik

Popular posts from this blog

Beer, can I ever say goodbye to you?

Hand Injury