Getting back on the Horse!

It's been 6 months since my last post so pardon me if I come off a bit rusty and out of tune. I just fell off the horse, metaphorically, of course. I haven't had the time to do my workouts lately and unfortunately I've been drinking almost everyday and eating very unhealthy. I just endured the toughest 2 months of my life and most probably the most daunting ordeal a man can experience. Dealing with a failed marriage is just disheartening and takes a lot out of a determined bodybuilder, and I am not even one, so that makes it even harder. Well don't expect me to go into details regarding my marriage circus, this is actually a health blog not a counseling blog hehehe. I am slowly gaining my confidence and passion for exercising and living healthy. In fact, I will be back to lifting damn irons starting next week! Getting back to riding the horse again...


I still have the nagging pain on my right shoulder after every basketball game or if I exert too much effort on it. I know I should have visited the doctor a long time ago but hey the good side of having a failed marriage is you can always use it as an excuse of not doing the right thing. I'm planning to visit my doctor next month so he can take a look at my shoulder while I will be doing leg exercises for the most part of me getting back to the groove. I find it very easy to lose the extra baggage when you make your legs stronger through lunges, squats and running. It seems like when you build the muscle in your lower body, the fat in your upper extremities melt easily and your metabolism will shoot off the roof.

Next issue for me is making myself love eating healthy food again. I still love eating green stuff, don't get me wrong, but not as much as I used to and unfortunately, I am back to eating bad fatty and oily food, frequently. Couple that with lots of beer and soda, I am lucky I did not gain a lot. A couple of days eating healthy food will jump start my new life, and it starts today with green tomatoes and green leafy lettuce. I am surprised it tasted really good!

If you cared to read my blog right from the beginning, I cannot over emphasize the importance of mind over matter. It all starts from your head, if you just will your mind to think positively, it will do its job to instruct the rest of your body. After my bad marriage, I cannot even imagine myself touching a set of weights, but here I am getting back on it.

As for my marriage? Here's my great shoutout on my friendster: "There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past. There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer, can I ever say goodbye to you?

Truth About FAT

Hand Injury